It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:50 pm 

i used to be mostly into cradle of filth when i was younger but mostly cuz of nick barker and i never realy new/listened to you guys before until barker quit and joined up with you guys and when PEM came out,that cd opened my eyes to what real black metal is...with most bands there,there are always a couple songs from each cd which you can listen to and go"i dont really care for this song to much or this song isnt to great" but on every dimmu cd i have i love every song on each cd..your music has changed my life so much and its what inspires me to play in a black metal band..i can be here all day on this thread but over all i just want to say thank you dimmu borgir for everything,you've changed my life so much!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:38 pm 

Thank you for your great music, album after album, introducing me into the black metal scene, and most importantly *your lyrics on PEM* - they helped give voice and direction to many many questions I was having about religion and life.

These all intertwine to make you a great band with stunning music!

Quote:
never thought I'd ever say this to anyone on our own forum - but do me a favor and fuck off. S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:16 am 
Reptile Priestess wrote:
Thank you for your great music, album after album, introducing me into the black metal scene, and most importantly *your lyrics on PEM* - they helped give voice and direction to many many questions I was having about religion and life.

These all intertwine to make you a great band with stunning music!

I have to agree with that too, Dimmu Borgir is far more than simple "Hail Satan" and so on, (nothing wrong with that too of course), but its good when a band voices the same things you think, as it gives a bigger connection to the music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:53 pm 
Indeed I almost listen to it to 5 years!

Np:Starkness - Unto the Darkly Shining World

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:26 pm 
-

Thank you, Dimmu Borgir, for bringing my darker self to the world's light! :twisted:

Hail Dimmu Borgir!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:37 pm 

I got in to Dimmu some years ago, I would like to give them a HUGE Thank You, for thier Great Shows, and some of the best Metal I've ever heard. Without Dimmu's music I'd probably be dead. It's Hard to explain but it some ways Dimmu Borgir saved my life. So a Big thank you to them.
\m/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:43 pm 
-

Isn't this a lovely thread.

I'm sure the guys would be quite happy to see it.

To the person who thought of it, good work.

Cheers Dimmu, you started me on a path to deeper and darker things....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:41 pm 
I'd like to thank Dimmu Borgir...they Impacted my life SEVERLY. I love their Music...by far...in all honesty I think they are One of the Best BLack Metal bands out their....Stian Aarstad...you where the one whom got me to start loveing Dimmu Borgir...after I first bought StormBlast when it came out your Keyboard works amazed me alot...me being a Keyboard/synth player myself, only learning by ear....Sorgens Krammar was the one song that hit me hard...after I had the news that you where out of Dimmu Borgir...it hurt...then I thought no one could match up to you so then Mustis came along....and I thought he was nothing at all...sad to say...but it was like a fucking malace strikeing my face.....you were up to measures of Stian Aarstad...but even higher of the standerds than i thought....I admire you with all the talent you posess...Dimmu Borgir is the Band whom started me to Likeing Black MEtal...I only bought Storm Blast because I was a CD cover whore and then when I listened to your fucking music I was inspired and fucking shocked...and I was only what....10 years old... you guys further pushed my intrest in Synthesizers & Piano...Id like to thank you also for haveing me musical insperation blume from my soul....because without you I would of never tryed to go further in Synthesizers & Piano...now I play for a Black Metal Band here Localy in Rochester/Buffalo...I thank you all...and mainly you Stian Aarstad...and Mustis....for this all and my impact in my life....without Dimmu I dont know where I would be musicly inclined....probably to that pop rock shit....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:47 pm 

Thank you, Dimmu Borgir for revealing me a part of life which I was looking for since my early age; for sharing my thoughts and ideas and expanding them to infinity.Thank you for being my light in the end of the tunnel when I was lost and couldn't find myself.Long time I was looking for something that I couldn't find and I even didn't know what it was.The only thing that I knew was that it was something dark and obscure and it was growing inside me but there was no one/nothing able to release it or respond to it.Your music and lyrics touched my soul in a way that I can't describe with words.It was like a huge relief and ecstasy at the same time.Dimmu Borgir is my greatest inspiration to live and ENJOY my life. My soul is free now! Thank you, Dimmu Borgir!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:01 am 
May your coffins be made of 100 year old oak, and may we plant the seeds tomorrow. Cheers, Dimmu Borgir!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:40 am 
This thread is a very good concept!

I thank Dimmu Borgir for how much they have influenced me musically (in what I listen to and what I play) and conceptually. They have opened a new world of great songwriting and thematical ideas, and have kept my passion for metal and music burning these last five years.

Thanks guys, and put that new shit out soon!

Post subject: I LOVE DIMMU BORGIR !
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:58 am 
THANK YOU DIMMU BORGIR for giving me a good reason to live for *BLACK METAL* I dont know what would've happened to me without Black Metal music and an Awesome band like Dimmu Borgir ;-) . Thank you again and keep on the Good work guys. DIMMU BORGIR RULES \m/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:17 am 
-

I would thank Dimmu Borgir for changing the way I approach music, what music I listen to and play, and for opening me up to black metal. Last halloween, as I was visiting a cemetary late at night, I found that the darkest CDs with me were Caliban's newest one I don't care to remember the name of, and End of Heartache by KsE...Needless to say, nothing to fit the mood. That is when I decided I'd pick up ETD, since I didn't think PEM was all that dark. Dimmu rules, thanks for changing my life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:57 pm 
Dutchess Of Bullshit

Thank you, Dimmu Borgir, for many, many things :) When I got into black metal, I first heard Mayhem and then I heard you guys...what a beautiful difference. Thank you from the bottom of my weird, obnoxious heart for everything you do! I hope to see you live one day, I know I will be impressed.

\m/ Keep on truckin' \m/

-COMA-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:18 pm 
-

Redshift wrote:
May your coffins be made of 100 year old oak, and may we plant the seeds tomorrow. Cheers, Dimmu Borgir!

Now that's what I call a beautiful way to say "Thank you"! Cheers, mate :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next